Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I miss Pop Pop Bob

"I miss Pop Pop Bob." (Bobby's dad, Bob)
I've heard that a lot this morning always followed by tears.
Today would have been his 62nd birthday.

I'm not good at this.  I don't have the right words to comfort.
So we are focusing on all our good memories of him today.
Bob was a photographer so he took most of the pictures, I don't have enough of him with the kids at all.

Trin's favorite memory: "He was a really loving grandpa, I always enjoyed going to breakfast when he was in town, and I like the clothes he and Anita gave me."

Kenz's favorite memory: "Last Christmas it started snowing and I got to help Pop Pop Bob get presents out of the car and I liked that. And I liked seeing him when he came to Kyle, and we went out to eat with him, Anita, and Allie the dog. He always remembered our birthdays."

Dom's favorite memory: "When we went to eat at the restaurant with the car wheels on the ceiling (Chuy's) and we played catch with my angry bird."

Jo's favorite memory: "We always went to eat with him and saw his pictures. And we played with the train at Grandpa Sam's house at Christmastime."

Rose's favorite memory: "Playing with the train and making it go backwards, the presents he gave, and playing with him."

Here are some old family photos of Bobby's dad.

Family picnic. Bobby matched his dad :)

Bobby and his dad

Family lunch 2005

Bobby and his dad




Bob becoming a grandpa




Bob teaching Trin about the caves in New Mexico, she was more concerned with the dirt on her hand.


Bob built his dream home in New Mexico overlooking the mountains.  


Bob, Sam, and Bobby
3 generations.
________________________________________________________________________

Bob's smile was always contagious and his eyes sparkled. He always greeted us with, "Well, hi!", and he gave us great hugs!  Bob was really a brilliant man.  His knowledge surpassed most people's understanding.  I did not have that in common with him, what I did have in common with him was photography.  Some of the last few times I saw him we went through his photographs and he taught me about High Dynamic Range images and how to put them together.  He taught me some other tricks and I was looking forward to going on a photography tour through New Mexico with him this year.

I picked out some of my favorite photos he took and added his name on them to honor him today.



 photo 303260_192553310817059_1604294036_ncopy.jpg

 photo 227214_144989992240058_7571985_n.jpg

 photo 224153_144990378906686_6761163_n.jpg

 photo 229358_144989905573400_5353886_n.jpg

No comments: