Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Lancaster, PA



While Bobby and I were living in West Virginia we visited our friends in Lancaster, PA, we really loved the area and tried to move there but nothing was working for us so we ended up moving to Austin, TX.  I recently had the opportunity to go back and visit our friends in Lancaster, PA and then drive with them to Wisconsin.  The time was short and I didn't take enough pictures because I was too busy enjoying their company.  We'll have to get all of our families together again soon!

I got to babysit the kiddos for a few hours

While babysitting their mom, Kelly, said they could have a snack, they really wanted ice cream at 930 at night, so we compromised and made "Silli Vanilli". I tried looking up a recipe but I didn't have to with this amazing 3 year old - she knew the ingredients and started making it all herself.  The funny part was that her brother pulled out Almond Extract, she smelt it and said, "No, that's not it!" and found the Vanilla Extract.  



While we lived in WV these tunnels were my kids favorite part about driving through PA


Sweet kisses for a new cousin





Silliness at a reststop

Sunset in Chicago


Almost to our destination in WI

On the flight home I got to stop in Florida.  Oh how lovely it would have been to dip my feet in the ocean!

About to land in Texas.  Little did I know I would have to sit on this airplane at the gate for over an hour due to a security breach.

No comments: