Monday, October 15, 2012

Update

Today I sat and deleted over 900 unread emails, the majority of them being junk or spam. I don't know how I get so many random junk emails. I "unsubscribed" myself from many that I don't remember ever "subscribing" to. Anyway, I write that because I am behind on way so many things.. One of them being pictures! It's been a month since I posted pictures and that's not because I haven't been taking them, oh I have pictures! I've just been taking a break from sorting and editing them. A reason for the lack of desire to finish them is due to a photo shoot I did for a lady last month. I did this for free thinking it would be a great learning experience since I'm not a professional photographer. Well it was a learning experience all right. Next time someone I don't know asks me to take pictures for them I will charge something. I love photography and don't want people to ruin it for me!
This year has been a quiet one as far as writing goes. Overall it's been a difficult year. Life with 5 kiddos, 10 and under, is pretty busy. Date nights are few and far between. Homeschool is a challenge some days. Our church situation was a MESS. But I feel like breakthrough is coming! A friend from our old church, New Hope, asked Bobby to help him lead a prayer class at Fellowship Church in a few months. So we checked out the church and have been attending for the last two months. We are really enjoying it and the new people we have met! Two weekends ago, I went on a women's retreat for two nights out in the tiny town of Giddings. I had a wonderfully refreshing time! One afternoon I spent playing like a kid, I climbed a 40 ft. rock wall, ziplined, ziplined into the lake, slid into the lake on an inflatable bouncy slide, swam in a pool, went on a waterslide (like one at an amusement park), floated on a lazy river, and drove off diving boards!! I really needed that as well as all the personal prayer time and encouragement from the speaker. I'm very grateful for refreshment! The speaker encouraged us to write more, so I hope to follow through on that!


Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
From left to right: the bottom of the climbing wall, top of the zipline looking at the poles we're going to, and a lady in the orange to show how high up we were.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

All of our rooms were decorated according to each month of the year, I was in the September cabin with three other girls. I really liked the colors of this room!  I did not like the scorpion that my very pregnant roommate killed, it was trying to crawl out of the bathroom sink drain...

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

This was the room, June, and my FAVORITE of all the rooms!!! I would love to decorate the girls room like this!

1 comment:

Amaris in Wonderland said...

Can't wait to see more writing [& more photos] from you! :)